Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Emeril. They also freeze well. I better get going as football season is right around the corner.
- 3⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 lb ground sirloin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 12 dinner roll-sized small brioche rolls, split in 1/2 crosswise
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, for brushing buns
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and broken into 2-inch pieces
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chuck, sirloin, garlic, onion, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper and mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, divide the mixture into 12 scant 2-ounce balls of meat. Using your hands, shape to form small patties about 3 inches wide and 3/8-inch thick. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit, refrigerated, at least 1 hour and up to overnight for flavors to mingle.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place in a nonreactive bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days in advance.
- When you are ready to cook the burgers, preheat a grill to high and lightly butter the cut sides of the buns with the melted butter. Wrap the buns in aluminum foil and place on the coolest part of the grill to warm while you grill the burgers.
- Grill the burgers about 2 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to the warmed buns and garnish with pieces of the crispy bacon. Spoon a dollop of the horseradish mayonnaise on top of the bacon, then place the top portion of the bun over all. Serve the sliders hot.
We had these for dinner tonight and really enjoyed them. Hubby did all the cooking because the grill is his domain. We didn't let the meat marinate, as I did not read that part of the directions until he had mixed them up and was outside grilling them. Oh well, there is always next time, which there definitely will be, because we enjoyed them so much. I might add some fresh dill next time, but even without that, they are a great meal. Thanks for posting the recipe.
My mom made this for our birthday dinner. OMG these were great. The only thing we did different was that we used hawiian rolls instead of the the rolls recommended. This recipe was diffently a winner. Thanks for sharing!!
These were a hit at our super bowl dinner. Loved the horseradish mayonnaise. We didn't even miss cheese. I cooked them in a skillet on the stove. Thanks for sharing.