Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A little time to cook, but the end result is tender and filling.
- 2 (25 ml) tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 in long strips
- 3⁄4 lb sirloin steaks or 3⁄4 lb round steak, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat.
- half of the oil.
- Add onion and green pepper;.
- stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil.
- Stir-fry beef, garlic, salt and pepper to taste until meat is browned.
- Stir in 2 cups of water.
- Heat till all water is gone.
- Add 2nd 2 cups of water with tabasco sauce and heat till water is all gone Serve on rolls.
- Top with onion and pepper mixture.
Good samich. I stired in swiss cheese at the end of the 2nd boil down. It left a mess but it was goood. Thank you
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe Dave. It was excellent, tender, juicy, flavorful steak, served with onions and peppers. We really enjoyed the sirloin prepared this way, it doesn't get much better than this. Made exactly as written for Whats on the Menu? Tag Game 2014.
This was so good and easy! Very similar to a Philly.