Recipe by ReeLani
Sounds like a winning combination of flavors to me. This is from The Michigan Cook Book and says that it was an entry in a National Beef Cookoff. Prep time includes the marinating time.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
All the flavors and textures worked well in this salad. Tart, salty, crunchy (I of course enjoyed the blue cheese n the salad) After the prep time it is put together in minutes. We enjoyed this on a warm summer evening in the garden, fresh baquette and a good bottle of wine!!
- 2 top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 heads boston lettuce, washed and cored
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup tart dried cherries
- 1 cup pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steaks in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil in a bowl.
- Place half of this marinade in a shallow dish and add the steak pieces and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile separate several large lettuce leaves and divide among 4 plates.
- Tear up the rest of the lettuce, toss it with the remaining marinade mixture that wasn't used on the steak, and divide among the 4 plates.
- Remove the beef from the mardinade and stir-fry it over medium-high heat 1-2 minutes or until it's done to your liking.
- Arrange the beef strips on top of the lettuce on the plates and then sprinkle with cheese, cherries and pine nuts.