1/1 Photo of Sirloin Roast Beef With an Aztec Flair
For my 46th birthday my husband treated me to a one-evening cooking course. It must have been one of the most enjoyable evenings I've ever had. This recipe is from that course. This recipe is probably my most favorite of all the ones presented in the course. It's a bit spicy, so if you don't do spicy, you can cut back on the hot pepper. I'll probably double the amount at home..... Marinating time is not included in the prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg sirloin, cleaned of the top layer of fat
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small chili pepper, finely minced (deseeded or not, you decide on the hotness level)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- olive oil, to taste (just a bit)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (the kind with the seeds in it)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1Rub the salt and pepper all over the piece of meat. Give it a good massage, it's had a hard day.
- 2Mix the rest of the ingredients into a marinade. Place the meat in the marinade and let it soak for 2 hours.
- 3Preheat the oven to 250 degrees centigrade.
- 4Place a heavy pan over high heat for at least 7 minutes, until it begins to smoke. Add the olive oil.
- 5Sear the meat on each side.
- 6Place the meat in the oven for 7-12 minutes depending on your preference of doneness.
- 7Prepare the sauce:.
- 8Using the same pan in which the meat was seared, add the leftover marinade, red wine, honey and broth. Scrape the bottom and then let the sauce boil until it has been reduced to 1/3 of its original volume. This should take about 12 minutes or so.
- 9Turn off the heat and add the chocolate. Mix well.
- 10Putting it all together:.
- 11Take the meat out of the oven and let it rest for about 7 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Slice into serving pieces.
- 12Drizzle with the sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sirloin Roast Beef With an Aztec Flair
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.5 mg
- Sodium 85.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: