Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipes doubles easily. Gourmet in a pocket.
Herb Cream Dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (can sub plain whole milk yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives or 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
For the sandwich
- 1⁄4 lb sirloin steaks (trimmed) or 1⁄4 lb rib eye steak (trimmed)
- 2 (4 inch) whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut in halfmoons
- 1 1⁄4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄3 crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spoon yogurt into a medium bowl and stir in garlic, parsley, chives, oregano, lemon juice and sugar until well blended; set aside.
- Rub both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Heat a medium, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak about 6 minutes on each side (for medium) or until desired. Allow steak to rest 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Warm pita halves in toaster. Into each pita half, spoon about 1/4 cup of the yogurt dressing, mixed salad greens, Blue cheese, onion, steak and tomato. Spoon additional yogurt dressing over top.