Recipe by peachez
When summer finally arrives I fire up the BBQ and savour this dish. Adjust any seasoning amounts, I like it spicy. Prep time includes 2 hours chill time for the sauce. I like to mop up the extra sauce / juices with a rustic bread I get here at a local bakery.
Tequila Chile Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (adjust if you prefer if less spicy)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup roma tomato, stemmed and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
- fresh black pepper
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 14 large shrimp, peeled deveined
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass mixing bowl, combine sauce ingredients well, add salt and pepper if desired.
- Cover bowl and chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the BBQ, season steaks and while steaks are cooking to desired doneness.
- In a saute pan over med high heat, add a small amount of Olive Oil, saute shrimp till cooked, add the chilled sauce and cook until it just starts to bubble, don't overcook (the alcohol will reduce quickly) Place cooked steaks on plates, spoon the shrimp with sauce on each steak.