Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice filling meal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 cups dry rigatoni pasta
- 3 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 sliced green onions or 8 chives
- In large nonstick pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook steak turning once for 8-10 minutes or until browned on the outside and medium rare inside.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut across the grain into strips.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet and cook stirring often for 8 minutes or until no mushroom liquid remains.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk milk into pan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer stirring often for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cook pasta in large pot for 6-8 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add sauce and cheese, toss to coat.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with reserved steak.
- Sprinkle with tomato and onion.
- Toss to serve.