Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My own cobbled-together recipe based on several different things - Mom's roast beef spice rub as a base, along with a few things I saw in different recipes on here.
- 1⁄4 cup table salt
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 (3 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Dissolve 1/4 c table salt in 2 qt cold water. Add pork loin and refrigerate 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove from brine, pat dry and leave on counter to come up to room temperature while you preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Add oil and stir to make a paste. Smear roast with spice paste. Place in a roasting pan. Roast until meat thermometer registers 150F, 60-90 minutes. Remove meat to a warm platter and tent with a double layer of aluminum foil; let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.