Recipe by Mrs B
This recipe is from an old “Cooking for Today Magazine”, published by Good Housekeeping in 1973. The recipe features in a section of Greek recipes. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 4 ounces plain flour (all purpose)
- 3 ounces butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- sugar, for topping
- cinnamon, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and chop in the butter; add 1 tablespoon of water and work to a smooth paste; roll out and use to line a flat tin with a slight edge.
- Mix together the cream cheese, honey, sugar and cinnamon, then mix in the beaten eggs.
- Sprinkle the cream cheese mixture over the pastry and sprinkle the top with the extra sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in the centre of the oven, pr-heated to 350F / 180C /gas mark 4, for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and cut into slices for serving.