Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A tea to help with head colds. The lemon juice and apple cider vinegar both contain vitamin C to boost the immune system, and help break up mucus. The honey and ginger are antiseptic, and the ginger further helps break up mucus. The chamomile is chosen mostly because it's a mild, decafe tea that blends well with the other flavors. The whiskey is good for sore throats, but should not be added if you are taking an antibiotic.
- 1 camomile tea bag
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup near-boiling water
- Add everything to the hot water, using a tea ball or strainer to contain the ginger.
- Cover and steep for about three minutes.
- Stir and drink as often as possible throughout the day while you are sick.