Recipe by tinroof
A vegetarian classic served with sinus-friendly extras: garlic, horseradish, cayenne and ginger.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup drained cooked cannellini beans or 1 cup other white beans
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced low-sodium tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked whole wheat pasta
- red cayenne pepper
- fresh grated ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients (except pasta, horseradish, cayenne and ginger); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook 25 minutes.
- Add pasta; cover and cook an additional 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Before serving, add as much horseradish, cayenne and ginger as you can take.