Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Experimenting while trying to make some healthy cookies and came up with this. A little different texture (kind of like a bagel pancake cookie), but very light for being whole wheat, and surprisingly good.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, just for extra taste) or 1 teaspoon hazelnuts (optional, just for extra taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (dough should resemble thick brownie batter).
- Spoon dough onto a greased cookie sheet using a tablespoon, leaving about 1/2 inch between cookies.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn brown.
- Cool and serve.
These were great! I brought a batch to my health concious sister's house and we all watched expectantly as my 3 year old nephew took one. He ended up eating 2! The only change I made was to add applesauce instead of cottage cheese. I also added 1 t. baking powder...not sure if the recipe actually doesn't have it or if it was forgotten.