1/2 Photos of Sinless Spinach Stuffed Pizza
Mmmm...double-crust pizza full of cheesy, spinachy goodness! I found this in a low-fat cookbook, but I can't remember which. Prep time doesn not include time for dough to rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet yeast
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (with basil and oregano is yummy!)
- garlic powder
- 1Combine water and sugar. Add yeast and dissolve. Let stand 5 minutes, then add dry ingredients.
- 2Knead 6-8 minutes, adding flour as necessary. Let rise 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine cheeses and spinach.
- 4Punch dough, then divide in two. Roll 1 ball intoan 11" circle and place in a greased pie pan. Prick w/ a fork and bake for 4 minutes at 475.
- 5Spread filling over and cover with other crust. Cut 1" slit in top crust.
- 6Top with tomato sauce, then sprinkle with herbs to taste. Top with fresh mushrooms.
- 7Bake on middle rack at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature and bake 5-10 minutes at 400.
- 8Cool and slice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinless Spinach Stuffed Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 664.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.0 g