Mmmm...double-crust pizza full of cheesy, spinachy goodness! I found this in a low-fat cookbook, but I can't remember which. Prep time doesn not include time for dough to rise.
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (with basil and oregano is yummy!)
- garlic powder
- Combine water and sugar. Add yeast and dissolve. Let stand 5 minutes, then add dry ingredients.
- Knead 6-8 minutes, adding flour as necessary. Let rise 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cheeses and spinach.
- Punch dough, then divide in two. Roll 1 ball intoan 11" circle and place in a greased pie pan. Prick w/ a fork and bake for 4 minutes at 475.
- Spread filling over and cover with other crust. Cut 1" slit in top crust.
- Top with tomato sauce, then sprinkle with herbs to taste. Top with fresh mushrooms.
- Bake on middle rack at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature and bake 5-10 minutes at 400.
- Cool and slice. Enjoy!