Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This drink is rich, but believe it or not, it is low fat! Definitely satisfies a chocolate craving.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons dark unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 dash chili powder (optional)
- 8 miniature marshmallows
- In a mug, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and water.
- Heat the milk and the cinnamon stick until slightly bubbling.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the milk to the mug.
- Combine and add the vanilla extract and slight dash of chili.
- Top with mini marshmallows.
Very,very delicious! I didn't use the cinnamon. Instead,when it was finished,added a peppermint,and it melted in the hot chocolate. Perfect mixture and taste :)
Sipping this as I write, it is quite good. I think it would be better if it had more of a cinnamon taste. If I make this again I will add some cinnamon to the cocoa mixture as well.
Super easy to make and very yummy. I used splenda and soy milk (and omitted the vanilla since it was vanilla soy milk). I also admit to using a few more marshmallows because I love em! Nice and one I'll repeat a lot this winter.