Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you could fill your bathtub with it, you would. Sinigang soup adapted for the dutch oven! FABULOUS! No need for lots of pots and pans, no 'brown this, remove that' directions. Methods are perfect for beginners, results will satisfy the filipino cuisine enthusiast.
- 3 lbs pork ribs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 cups water
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 packages , mama sita's sinigang sa sampalok tamarind seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons miss anna's hot sauce (or your favorite, also to taste)
- 2 cups white radishes, sliced
- 2 heads bok choy, cut into 1-2 inch slices
- Warm olive oil in bottom of large (I use a 9.5 quart) Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Brown pork ribs.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion and garlic, cook uncovered and stirring frequently until just beginning to soften, about three minutes.
- Add 16 cups of water, the tomato and both packets of tamarind seasoning. Cover and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes. During the cooking add fish sauce and hot sauce to taste. I typically revisit the 'taste and adjust' step a couple of times depending on my mood.
- Add white radish, cook additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off flame/heat and add bok choy. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve in a soup bowl or over rice. ENJOY!