Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This wonderful Filipino recipe is from a family friend.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 quart water
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb taro root, large chunks
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 radish, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 medium head bok choy, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package tamarind soup mix
- Heat oil in medium stock pot. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Add beef to pot, and saute until browned. Pour in water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Remove scum from top of soup and discard.
- Place tomatoes, taro, jalapenos green beans, and radishes in pot, and continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in bok choy, broccoli and tamarind soup mix. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.