Recipe by CattieCann
This is one of my favorite ways to eat and egg. It is easy and delicious.
Top Review by cookie_luv
Don't forget to salt and pepper the egg before you cook it. I didn't have any bacon so I substituted ham that I fried for a few minutes in the skillet. It worked out nicely. However it may be a little too much butter.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If making one: Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- If making more than one: Lay out bacon on a foil and parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. (You want the bacon to be cooked and flexible; not crispy.) Or cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- Set up ramekins (4-ounce) or you can use a muffin tin. But if you are using the ramekins, place them on a cookie sheet. If you are using the muffin tin, put a little water in the unused muffin cups; this saves the cups from burning.
- When bacon is done, wrap a slice around the inside of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Place a teaspoon of melted butter (or bacon grease) in the bottom of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Drop in the egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes, place a 1/4 slice of cheese over the egg, and continue to bake until egg is cooked and the cheese is melted.