Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite ways to eat and egg. It is easy and delicious.
Make and share this Single Serving Baked Bacon, Egg and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- If making one: Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- If making more than one: Lay out bacon on a foil and parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake in the 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. (You want the bacon to be cooked and flexible; not crispy.) Or cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned but still flexible.
- Set up ramekins (4-ounce) or you can use a muffin tin. But if you are using the ramekins, place them on a cookie sheet. If you are using the muffin tin, put a little water in the unused muffin cups; this saves the cups from burning.
- When bacon is done, wrap a slice around the inside of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Place a teaspoon of melted butter (or bacon grease) in the bottom of the ramekin or muffin cup.
- Drop in the egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- After about 10 to 15 minutes, place a 1/4 slice of cheese over the egg, and continue to bake until egg is cooked and the cheese is melted.
Don't forget to salt and pepper the egg before you cook it. I didn't have any bacon so I substituted ham that I fried for a few minutes in the skillet. It worked out nicely. However it may be a little too much butter.
I was looking for an easy egg & bacon recipe this morning & was pleased to find this one. I've found that my toddler DD will try nearly anything presented in a ramekin! This was no exception and what's more, she ate the whole thing! DH won't eat just "egg" it has to be scrambled so this time I used 4 eggs, lightly beaten with enough cold water to equal 2 cups of liquid & poured 1/4 cup in each ramekin. My ramekins are 6oz so they were a bit big, but still worked out just fine. The scrambled egg puffed up while baking like a souffle & I just wish I could've taken the photo before they deflated. As I was choosing which one to photograph DD pointed excitedly at one & said, "Heart!". Sure enough, the bacon in one had folded & baked itself into a heart shape! Obviously, that had to be the one in the photo. :) We really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing, Cattie! Made & enjoyed for New Kids on the Block tag game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306056&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0