Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Okay, so this may not be *exactly* like a muffin, but it's pretty close, and was still pretty tasty! The taste and texture turned out to be a little more like that of a very thick pancake, but that's close enough, right? ;) Anyway, I was wanting just one muffin this morning, and decided to tinker around a little and make just one in the microwave. I'll probably play around with this a little more, but here are the basics. Really, you could probably add fruit or chocolate chips or whatever to this, and have yourself a tasty little treat in roughly five minutes. I'd love to hear other people's ideas on additions/changes to this!
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened applesauce
- In microwavable coffee mug, ramekin, or custard dish, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and flax meal (I used a custard dish).
- In another coffee mug (etc), mix brown sugar, oil, milk, and applesauce.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on MEDIUM power for 2 minutes (cooking time may be different with different microwaves; 2 minutes is just what worked for me).
- Muffin will be done when toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.
- I put some applesauce on top and just ate it with a spoon right out of the custard dish.