Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
this came from my diabetes self management magazine
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 8 inch banana, peeled and cut into 20 slices
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 cup honey nut cream cheese (such as Philadelphia honey-nut cream cheese spread; you can also use Philadelphia cheesecake cream c)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into 10 slices,and halved
- 20 mandarin orange segments, in juice,drained well
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, cut into 20 slices
- 1⁄4 cup apricot fruit spread
- Portion dough into 20 cookies, bake according to package directions; remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Place banana slices in a small bowl and toss gently with orange juice until well coated (to prevent browning).
- Drain and discard juice and set bananas aside, carefully spread each cooled cookie lightly with cream cheese, on top of each cookie arrange 1 slice of kiwi, 1 banana slice,1 mandarin orange segment, and 1 strawberry slice; set aside.
- Place fruit spread ina small saucepan and warm over medium heat, drizzle melted fruit spread lightly over each pizza.
- Refrigerate until serving time; serve within 2 hours, for best appearance, and taste.