Prep 9 mins
Cook 5 mins
Do you like breakfast foods for dinner? Try this recipe!! I took a chance with this quick dish and it came out AWESOME... Scrambled eggs meets pasta. How could it be bad?? This recipe makes a single serving, but would be great for a family dinner too! prep time = boiling time for pasta, will vary depending on pasta type
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni, cooked according to box instructions
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- hot sauce (optional)
- Bring small pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- Drain pasta, return it to the pot, spray with oil olive cooking spray.
- On low heat, add egg to the warm pasta, stir until egg scrambles.
- Add cheese, stir until all ingredients are blended and cheese melts.
- Transfer the pasta/egg/cheese mixture to a bowl, top with salsa.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.