Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a terrific all-purpose pie crust that you can use during the holiday season (or all year long) for your single-crust pie. This can be prepapred 2 days ahead of use; simply cover and refrigerate.
Top Review by top@31sitesand(subjects)
Jackie, all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. I will never do pie crusts any other way. Simple and efficient and now that is my motto since trying your recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar and salt in food processor. Add butter and shortening. Using on/off pulses, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle 3 T. ice water over mixture. Process just until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; chill until dough is firm enough to roll out, about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 12-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Fold overhang under. Crimp edges decoratively.