Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Use with "Lemon Cheesecake Streusel Pie" or any of your favourite pie recipes calling for a single crust.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- In bowl,mix together flour,sugar and salt.Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until the consistency resembles fine crumbs with a few larger pieces.
- In liquid measure,beat egg yolk with ice-water;drizzle over dry ingredients,stirring briskly with fork to form ragged dough.Press into disc shape.Wrap in plastic wrap;refrigerate until chilled;about 30 minutes.
- On lightly floured surface,roll out pastry to generous 1/8-inch thickness;fit into 9-inch pie plate.Trim edge to 3/4-inch overhang;fold overhang under and flute edge.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes minutes or until golden brown.
Excellent but I needed much more than 2 tbsp of cold water. Other than that I followed the recipe and its excellent.
I made this the night before -I doubled everything for 2 pies. Came out great! I used these crusts to make sweet potato pie-I will use these again- Thanks boyz 5!
This is a really great crust recipe! It mixed up right away the first time and wasn't messy. Great for a beginner like me! I was kind of surprised by the egg in the recipe but I didn't notice it at all. I used the recipe as a pastry for baked apples so its really quite versatile. Thanks for sharing! This is a keeper!