I served this delicious curry at my 30th birthday. You can use any white fish fillets that keep their shape well. I used economic frozen fish. This recipe will yield a lot of sauce :), so serve over basmati rice. You'll find coconut vinegar in Asian stores. You will need to marinate the fish for at least 30 minutes. It is included in the cooking time. This curry freezes well, but you will have to use fresh fish then.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs white fish fillets (1 kg, should hold well together)
- 1/4 cup oil (60 ml)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1200 g chopped canned tomatoes (1.2kg /2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 small green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, grated (or brown sugar)
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- 2Check if all bones are removed from the fish fillets. If not, use a pair of tweezers.
- 3Cut the fish into 1x4 inches pieces (2.5x10cm) and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or longer in the fridge.
- 4Heat a wok on high temperature, put in oil. Reduce heat to the lowest temperature and add chopped onion, garlic and mustard seeds. Cook on very low heat for 5 minutes or more, stirring frequently.
- 5Add fish fillets, marinade, tomatoes, chillies, and palm sugar (or brown sugar). Add a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. Fish is cooked if it can easily be parted with a fork.
- 6Serve over basmati rice and sprinkle with the fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singaporean Fish Curry
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 787.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 30.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: