1/4 Photos of Singapore Spare Ribs
1 hr 20 mins
This is out of my Asian cookbook...enjoy! Cooking time doesn't include marinating time...based on KateL's review I posted a photo of my 3 pounds of ribs in my lasagne pan...I also took the pan out of the oven to turn the ribs keeping the oven temperature steady...I did change the cooking time to include another 10 minutes...that's how long it took mine to get nice and caramelized...hope this helps...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut into individual ribs (ask your butcher to do this)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 1In a large glass bowl combine the sesame oil, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, five spice powder, honey, sambal oelek and salt. Mix well.
- 2Add the pork spare ribs and stir until the ribs are totally coated in the marinade.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours so they absorb the flavors of the marinade.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 5Place the ribs and marinade into an oiled baking dish (line the baking dish with thick foil to make washing up easier) and cook for 50-60 minutes, turning and basting with pan juices every 15 minutes.
- 6If the marinade begins to burn, add a few tablespoons of warm water to the pan during cooking.
- 7Scatter the chopped green onions over the spare ribs and serve with wedges of lemon and steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Spare Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.4
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.7 mg
- Sodium 714.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: