Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Singapore's take on a very, very spicy salad. Warning: hot!
- 3 -4 large chilies
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, grated
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Toast shirmp paste on low heat for 1 minute.
- Blend/process chillies, sugar and belacan to form a paste.
- Add salt and tamarind juice. Blend briefly.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Serve with cucumber, tau kwa (hard bean curd), bean sprouts, green mango or anything really.