Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the cookbook, Asian Wraps.
Make and share this Singapore Noodles in Lettuce Leaves recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons corn oil
Seasonings (mix together)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder, preferably Madras curry
- 2 1⁄2 cups very thinly sliced red onions (about 2 onions)
- 2 cups thin julienne strips red bell peppers (about 2 medium-size peppers)
- 3 cups cored and thinly sliced Chinese cabbage (napa)
Sauce (mix together)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 lb thin rice stick noodles or 1⁄3 lb vermicelli, softened in hot water and drained
- 2 heads boston lettuce, cores trimmed, leaves separated, pressed to flatten, rinsed, and arranged around the edges of a serv
- Heat a wok or large heavy skillet over high heat until very hot. Add the oil and heat until very hot, about 30 seconds. Add the seasonings and stir-fry until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add the red onions and stir fry until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the red peppers and toss lightly for a minute, then add the cabbage and continue cooking until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and the softened noodles and carefully toss to blend. Cook until the noodles are tender, about a minute, then transfer the noodles to a serving dish.
- To eat, spoon some of the noodle mixture onto a lettuce leaf, roll it up, tucking in the edges, and eat with your fingers.