Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, easy, versatile recipe. Use spaghettini noodles or vermicilli but not rice noodles. I use the Oxo chicken soup base packets for this recipe.
- 250 g noodles (spaghettini or any fine noodles)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 6 -8 shrimp (optional)
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced (optional)
- 12 snow peas
- 6 mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (or oyster sauce)
- 2 tablespoons dry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or flour)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- Cook pasta and drain.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken base, water, fish sauce, sesame oil, sugar, wine and cornstarch.
- In a frying pan, fry garlic and green onions with ginger powder for a minute or two.
- Add the veggies and mushrooms and stir on medium heat for a minute or two.
- Add the shrimp/meat if you choose to make it a non-veg dish.
- Cook until shrimp/meat is cooked.
- Take it off the heat.
- In a roasting pan put the noodles and the veggies together.
- Pour the liquid in the bowl over it.
- Put the roasting pan on the stove and over medium heat give it a good stir and turn off heat.
DH and I loved this! I used linguini, bay shrimp and Chinese mock chicken with julienned carrots with the rest. So tasty, this will be made again and again at our house. Thank you!
I did not put in shrimp or snow peas, but substituted fresh baby asparagus, small slices of fresh cauliflower, a little broccoli and sliced celery