Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
This is definitely comfort food. Curried noodles, with tender chicken pieces, shrimp, and crunch red pepper. We make this often when we have company, and everyone always enjoys it. I always double or triple the recipe.
- 250 g rice vermicelli
- 450 g frozen peeled uncooked large shrimp
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 green onions
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (or bottled)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander (chopped and optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate noodles, then soak according to package directions. If noodles soften before you need them, drain and toss with a little vegetable oil.
- Rinse shrimp under cold water. Pat dry. Cut chicken in half lengthwise, then slice into strips. Slice onion into 1 inch pieces. Slice carrot into julienne strips. Thinly slice pepper. In small bowl, stir lime juice with soya sauce, water, 1 Tbsp oil.
- Heat remaining oil in large pan or wok over med-high heat. Add chicken and fry until lightly golden (3 minutes). Add shrimp, carrot, red pepper, garlic, and ginger. Sprinkle with curry powder and salt. Stir often until shrimp turn bright pink, 3 minutes. Add drained noodles, then lime mixture. Stir often, separating noodles, until hot, and noodles turn yellow, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in onions and coriander.
- If you want the dish to have more spice add a little hot sauce.