Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a combination of recipes and of course I had to add my two cents! I hope it tastes as good for you as it did for the whole kitchen crew here at Ponce Plaza!
Singapore Sauce (use 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder with parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter, softened in microwave for 15 seconds on high
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (*)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (**)
- 4 scallions, chopped on an angle
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (***)
- Cook pasta to al dente, then cold shock it by running it under cold water in colander.
- Drain the pasta very well. Set aside.
- Prepare the "Singapore Sauce" by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together soy, peanut butter, vinegar, oil, sesame oil and 2 Tablespoons of Singapore Sauce.
- Add noodles and vegetables and toss to combine the noodles and coat them evenly with sauce.
- Sprinkle scallions and sesame seeds throughout the salad.
- *Shredded cabbage, mixed cabbage & carrot mix found in your produce dept.* **The fresh bean sprouts are also found in produce dept.** ***To toast the sesame seeds place them in a non-stick pan on medium-low heat & watch them closely - about 3 minutes***.
- Serve and enjoy!