Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For ZWT 4 - Simple yet tasty Asian style fried rice
- 2 cups rice (prepare day ahead and keep in fridge until ready)
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and fry the carrots and onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Move aside in the frying pan and add in the beaten egg, scramble until cooked.
- Stir in rice and add salt and sugar to taste.
- Combine in the fried onions and carrots.
- Stir fry until all combined.
- Serve hot with additional soy sauce as needed.