Rhonda Scheurer's Note:
So tasty it's worth all the fuss. Prepare to dirty every dish in your house, and impress every friend you feed it to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g instant stir-fry noodles
- 4 eggs
- 340 g fresh bean sprouts
- 2 (227 ml) cans water chestnuts
- 1 (400 ml) can of whole baby corn
- 1 medium onion, Chopped Finely
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2Boil noodles until cooked but still firm - approx 3 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water, then refrigerate.
- 4Beat eggs and stir fry/scramble. Set aside.
- 5Blanch bean sprouts, water chestnuts and corn. Set aside.
- 6Mix chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar and chili oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- 7STIR FRY.
- 8Add 2 tbsp oil to large frying pan (heat on high).
- 9Add onion, garlic, ginger and stir fry until onion is translucent.
- 10Add bean sprouts, water chestnuts and corn.
- 11Stir-fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- 12Add sauce and continue cooking about three minutes.
- 13Remove to holding bowl.
- 14Turn heat down to medium and add remaining oil.
- 15Add curry powder, stirring to mix with oil.
- 16Add noodles and toss to coat and heat them.
- 17Add vegetables and eggs and toss.
- 18Turn heat down to low and cook for a couple minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Fried Noodles - Simplified and Improved for 2008
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.8
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.0 mg
- Sodium 360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: