Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 package chow mein noodles
- 10 large cooked frozen shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnut
- 1 can baby sweet corn cob
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 88.74 ml peanut oil
- 118.29 ml canned chicken broth or 118.29 ml stock
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml chili oil
- Boil noodles until cooked but still firm- 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, then refrigerate.
- Thaw shrimp and cut off tails.
- Beat eggs and stir fry/scramble.
- Set aside.
- Blanch bean sprouts, water chestnuts and corn.
- Set aside.
- Slice onion and set aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- STIR FRY.
- Add 2 tbsp peanut oil to hot wok.
- When oil begins to smoke, toss in garlic, ginger, shrimp& blanched vegetables.
- Stir-fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and continue cooking about three minutes.
- Remove to holding bowl.
- Rinse wok and return to high heat.
- When it is dry, reduce heat to medium and add remaining peanut oil.
- Heat oil to moderate (don`t let it smoke).
- Add curry powder, stirring to mix with oil.
- Cook curry powder for about 30 seconds, making sure it doesn't burn.
- Add noodles and toss to coat and heat them.
- Add vegetables and toss together.
- Turn heat down to low.
- Slice tomatoes.
- Add eggs and tomatoes and shrimp and mix together.
A very good noodle dish! Clearly explained, well laid out and and easy to follow. Lacking bean sprouts and not really liking water chestnuts, I omitted them, but did dice a green pepper and use that instead. Other than that, this recipe was followed to the letter, and gave us a wonderfully spicy stir-fried noodle dish, chock-full of goodness, I think the chilli oil in particular is a good addition here. I made this for DH and I, which gave us enough left for lunch today ..... Just as good!!! Thanks Rhonda, we really enjoyed this! Made for My 3 Chefs, November 09