1/1 Photo of Singapore Fried Noodles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package chow mein noodles
- 10 large cooked frozen shrimp
- 3 eggs
- 1 can bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnut
- 1 can baby sweet corn cob
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2Boil noodles until cooked but still firm- 3 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse with cold water, then refrigerate.
- 4Thaw shrimp and cut off tails.
- 5Beat eggs and stir fry/scramble.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Blanch bean sprouts, water chestnuts and corn.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Slice onion and set aside.
- 10Mix sauce ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- 11STIR FRY.
- 12Add 2 tbsp peanut oil to hot wok.
- 13When oil begins to smoke, toss in garlic, ginger, shrimp& blanched vegetables.
- 14Stir-fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- 15Add sauce and continue cooking about three minutes.
- 16Remove to holding bowl.
- 17Rinse wok and return to high heat.
- 18When it is dry, reduce heat to medium and add remaining peanut oil.
- 19Heat oil to moderate (don`t let it smoke).
- 20Add curry powder, stirring to mix with oil.
- 21Cook curry powder for about 30 seconds, making sure it doesn't burn.
- 22Add noodles and toss to coat and heat them.
- 23Add vegetables and toss together.
- 24Turn heat down to low.
- 25Slice tomatoes.
- 26Add eggs and tomatoes and shrimp and mix together.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Fried Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 185.7 mg
- Sodium 451.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chow mein noodles
baby sweet corn cobs