Recipe by Elmotoo
I found this for the World Tour & can't wait to make it myself. This is the kind of recipe you can change the veggies around, so go for it!
Top Review by dicentra
I made this for PAC Fall 2006. There's nothing wrong with the recipe!! I think I just prefer five-spice as a background flavor. I used green beans instead of the broccoli and I added tofu. The sauce was really good on the tofu, but I couldn't taste the orange. I think if I make this again I'll add orange zest and reduce the amount of five-spice powder. I really like the concept!!
- 8 ounces vermicelli or 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- 12 ounces mushrooms (cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots (quartered lengthwise)
- 1 medium onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (about 6 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Spray a nonstick skillet or wok with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook 2-4 minutes or until vegetable are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add sauce, cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and thickened.
- Serve over pasta.