Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm posting this recipe so it will do the size conversion for me. I got it from my Food For Fifty textbook, hence why it yields 50 servings. Once I try it I will let everybody know what I think about it! Cooking times are estimated, but it seems to be a relatively straightforward recipe
- 15 lbs chicken, cooked
- 1 lb margarine (to lighten it up) or 1 container margarine (to lighten it up)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flour
- 5 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 ounces curry powder
- 5 lbs rice
- 3 ounces salt
- 6 1⁄4 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons preferred fat
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- melt margarine and add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil in a seperate pot. once the water is boiling, add rice, oil, and salt. Cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Back to the curry! Add stock gradually to flour mixture, stirring w/ a wire wisk. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add seasonings and chicken.
- Cook a few minutes longer and you're all done!
- To make it a full meal you can add an assortment of different vegetables. I think I am going to do snow peas, onion slices and broccoli but you can add whatever you like!