Recipe by Jewelies
I found this and thought it sounded really good. I haven't tried it (intend to soon) but wanted to share it anyway. From a supermarket give away.
Top Review by Peter J
Mmmm these were wonderful! Because I was cooking for myself I used the full amount of sauce with half the prawns, but then when returning the prawns to the wok also included some bok choy and chinese noodles (which I'd cooked) and it all went wonderfully with the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500 g green prawns (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon chili, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and stir fry prawns until they change colour.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add garlic, ginger, black bean paste and chilli, stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Return prawns to wok with ketchup, vinegar and sugar, stir fry until hot.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with rice.