Recipe by KitchenManiac
I grew up eating this on very very special occassions, and it is one of the best dishes ever! I used to think it was a lot of work to prepare, but really it isn't. Works best with fresh crabs.
- 1 lb crab
- 8 fresh red chilies
- 7 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- cilantro, for garnishing
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- salt, according to taste
- 1 tablespoon soybean paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound garlic and chilli.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and fry the garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- Add in crab and stir-fry for a minute or two.
- Mix the tomato ketchup, salt, sugar, soya bean paste, water and corn flour to make the sauce.
- Add the sauce mixture to the crabs, and stir well for two minutes.
- Cover the wok and simmer over high heat for five to seven minutes till the crab shell turns bright red.
- Remove cover, and add in the lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and chilli slices.