I grew up eating this on very very special occassions, and it is one of the best dishes ever! I used to think it was a lot of work to prepare, but really it isn't. Works best with fresh crabs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound garlic and chilli.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok, and fry the garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- 3Add in crab and stir-fry for a minute or two.
- 4Mix the tomato ketchup, salt, sugar, soya bean paste, water and corn flour to make the sauce.
- 5Add the sauce mixture to the crabs, and stir well for two minutes.
- 6Cover the wok and simmer over high heat for five to seven minutes till the crab shell turns bright red.
- 7Remove cover, and add in the lime juice.
- 8Garnish with cilantro leaves and chilli slices.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Singapore Chilli Crabs
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.0 mg
- Sodium 937.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 45.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: