Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the recipe for the Singapore Chile Crabs enjoyed by Singaporeans and foreigners alike.
Make and share this Singapore Chile Crabs recipe from Food.com.
- Blend garlic, ginger, dried chile, dried shrimp in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Stir-fry the paste in 30 tbsp of hot corn oil til fragrant.
- Transfer to a deep bowl.
- Clean crabs and cut each into 4-6 pieces.
- Crack the claws with a pestle.
- Stir-fy 10 tsp of minced garlic in 20 tbsp of hot corn oil till fragrant.
- Add crabs and stir-fry for about 10 minute.
- Cover and cook for another minute.
- Uncover and stir briskly once more.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water, light soya sauce and 20 tbsp of the paste.
- Stir well and cover for 10 minutes.
- Thicken the gravy with 10 tbsp of cornflour solution.
- Whip egg and stir into the chilli crabs and bring to a boil.
- Serve with rice or bread.
Used this today and dish came out delicious. I had to second guess when and how to use the onions, which I blended together with the other ingredients, and also when to add the tomato ketchup, which I added just before the corn flour solution. Otherwise instructions were clear and simple. Jennifer