R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
This is not your everyday chili in a can. This is satisfying EASY! old fashioned comfort food that won't take the roof off of your mouth or singe your taste buds beyond repair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey (may substitute ground Venison or lean ground sirloin)
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large anaheim chili, seeded and, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (preferably New Mexican)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (preferably New Mexican)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree (use a can of diced tomatoes and green chili's for the half)
- 1 lb kidney bean, soaked and cooked (may substitute 16 oz canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 lb small red beans, soaked and cooked (may substitute 8 oz canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Heat olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and brown on all sides, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer ground meat to a plate.
- 2Add chopped onion and garlic to pan and sauté 5 minutes. Add chopped bell pepper and chilies and sauté 2 minutes longer. Add chili powder and cumin and stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes and beans. Simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 3Add meat to chili and simmer until cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Mix in vinegar. Season the chili to taste with salt and pepper. (for a thicker sauce add 2 tsp of Masa Corn).
- 4Spoon chili into bowls. Top with sour cream and cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinfully Satisfying Chili
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 467.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 23.5 g