Abby Girl's Note:
When my girls were little, we used to have "Ice Cream Parties" where the two little boys down the street would come over for fresh ice cream. This recipe is full fat...full calories...and tastes ever so good! You need a ice cream machine for this recipe. I used to keep my ice cream canister always in the freezer and have the right amount of strawberries chopped and placed in freezer bags for the winter months... when we wanted to pretend that it was summertime! I would take this strawberry cream mixture to dinner parties and curn up fresh ice cream for dessert...then have everyone moaning in bliss!!! This makes up alot of ice cream, so the whole recipe might not fit in some of the smaller canisters
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: This recipe needs ample time for the custard to chill.
- 2Puree the strawberries. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice and chill the mixture, covered for 2 hours.
- 3In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk and the remaining 1 cups sugar and scald the mixture over moderate heat, stirring.
- 4In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light and thick and pour carefully into the cusard. Cook until it coasts the back of a spoon.
- 5Chill the mixture until it is cold.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinfully Rich Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 229.9 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 53.7 g
- Protein 5.5 g