Recipe by Abby Girl
When my girls were little, we used to have "Ice Cream Parties" where the two little boys down the street would come over for fresh ice cream. This recipe is full fat...full calories...and tastes ever so good! You need a ice cream machine for this recipe. I used to keep my ice cream canister always in the freezer and have the right amount of strawberries chopped and placed in freezer bags for the winter months... when we wanted to pretend that it was summertime! I would take this strawberry cream mixture to dinner parties and curn up fresh ice cream for dessert...then have everyone moaning in bliss!!! This makes up alot of ice cream, so the whole recipe might not fit in some of the smaller canisters
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: This recipe needs ample time for the custard to chill.
- Puree the strawberries. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice and chill the mixture, covered for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk and the remaining 1 cups sugar and scald the mixture over moderate heat, stirring.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light and thick and pour carefully into the cusard. Cook until it coasts the back of a spoon.
- Chill the mixture until it is cold.