Recipe by Kat's Mom
When I am ready to really splurge, this is unbelievably good. You can top with whipped cream, cinnamon and chocolate shavings if your diet & arteries can take it! Cooking time includes preparation time.
Top Review by Sharon123
I loved the taste, but haave to say, this was a little too rich for me. I added some rice milk to thin it out just a little. thanks for a yummy drink! Made for Australian Recipe swap-March!
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups milk or 4 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the milk, chocolate and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk periodically until the mixture reaches the boiling point and is foamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- For more foam, use a wire whisk or hand held blender to whip the hot chocolate.
- If used, add any optional toppings.