Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great served with biscuits and salad. If there is any left over, your co-workers will want this recipe after they smell it reheating in the microwave for lunch the next day. That's how I got it. Amounts can be adjusted to suit your family's preferences.
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced thin
- 6 medium potatoes, diced bite size
- 2 green peppers or 2 red peppers, 1 inch diced
- 2 medium onions, cut in 8 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Use 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Combine Kielbasa, potatoes, peppers and onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss in olive oil to coat all ingredients.
- Cover and bake until potatoes are done, approx 1 1/4 hour.
- Lower temperature to 350.
- Pour whipping cream over ingredients and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes as sauce forms.
This is an "Oh WOW!" Incredible. Far from healthy but exquisite in a very earthy/basic way. :-)
Unfortunately, it doesn't reheat very well--the sauce separates. So enjoy it thoroughly at the meal for which you have freshly cooked it.
absolutely delicious,very hearty, easy and cheap. My bf loved it and took the leftovers to work which he never does. Definantly a new favorite dish in our house!
This was delish! To cut down on fat content, I bought low-fat kielbasa and substituted evaporated skimmed milk for the cream. It still tasted rich, with loads of flavour! I used one green and one red pepper, and left the skins on russet potatoes, so it was a colourful casserole as well. I've saved this one to prepare regularly for my family from now on ... thanks!