Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from the newspaper and even though I have not tried it, it looked sinfull in the photo. They paired it with mashed sweet potatoes. If you cannot find the apricot nectar that is called for in the recipe, thin out some apricot preserves with a little water over low heat.
- 2 -3 lbs beef chuck
- 3⁄4-1 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot Chinese chili paste or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Trim the visible fat from the beef and discard.
- Cut the roast into large chunks.
- Combine the cut up beef, apricot nectar, soy sauce, black pepper, and hot pepper in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and cook for 8 hours or more, until the beef is tender.
- If you would like to thicken the sauce (this make the dish taste better), remove the meat and pour the sauce into a small skillet.
- Let the sauce boil until it thickens to desired consistency, about 20 minute.