Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
What is better than rich yummy brownies? Rich yummy EASY brownies! These can be done in one bowl for quick clean up!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- Grease the bottom only of a square pan 8x8 x 2 ".
- Heat margarine and 6oz semi sweet chocolate (chips/chunks work best but can use squares, just break up first) in microwave at 50% power, until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (except the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips) with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in Chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan with a rubber scraper.
- Bake until the center is set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely, then cut into 2X2 inch brownies. Store brownies tightly covered.
- Note! These are also very good with ½ cup of peanut butter chips in place of the ½ cup of chocolate chips!
These were good. However with the extra chocolate chips in them they were a bit too chocolatety for my taste. I think if I make this again I would not put in the extra chips at the end of mixing the batter. Made for PAC Spring 2014.