Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe uses a cake mix, any flavor, I love it with Devils Food and semi sweet morsels and or peanut butter chips, even good with cinnamon. The choices are endless .Don't use low fat or fat free sour cream, I tried both and they were disasters!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix, works really well with pillsbury cake mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 12 ounces semiweeet chocolate chips or 12 ounces peanut butter chips (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet, I use cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix and sour cream.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet and transfer onto cooling rack.
I used Carrot Cake Mix and semi sweet chocolate chips. Too cake-like for my taste, but some coworkers liked them. Thought I'd try them because they were easy to mix and bake.
I used a Betty Crocker Cherry Chip Cake Mix, Dark Chocolate Chunks and Light Sour Cream(it's all I had in the fridge). Couldn't have been easier, I forgot to grease the cookie sheet with the first batch though so they got a little burnt on the bottom. Very cake like and fluffy. I think if I were to make them again I'd try with regular sour cream. Great recipe for my son who's allergic to eggs.
Wow! I just can't believe how easy these were to make. I used a cinnamon swirl cake mix (all I had in the cabinet) with chocolate chips, and they really turned out well. Thanks for sharing.