Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are from the Georgia Department of Agriculture on Georgia Pecan Classics
- 2 egg whites, beaten very stiff
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups georgia pecan halves
- Combine egg whites and vanilla.
- Add brown sugar; mix well.
- Fold in pecan halves.
- Using a fork, individually remove pecan halves from mixture and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in 200 degree F oven.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
My MIL makes these, she got the recipe from her MIL. I adore these pecans and they ARE addicting. Thanks for posting - now I don't have to ask her for the recipe - again.
My husband has been looking for this recipe for years! This makes a very light sweet dessert/snack. They are addictive, so watch out!
My friends and family LOVE these! They ask every year, "Are we getting those pecans again?" I don't make the effort to lay each pecan out separately, I just place the whole batch on a baking sheet and stir every 5 minutes until all the nuts appear "dry." Maybe they're not as pretty, but nobody seems to care!