Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This hot chocolate recipe calls for two different kinds of chocolate, honey and butter, and it's whipped frothy. The evaporated milk makes for an extra rich cup of cocoa that’s simply decadent!
- 2 cups evaporated 2% milk
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- Heat everything in a saucepan, except the extract, until chocolates and butter melt and honey dissolves.
- Pour half into a blender, or use an immersion blender, and mix until foamy.
- Return to the saucepan, and add vanilla.
- Stir briefly, then serve.
I agree with Sydney Mike - this made the chocoholic in me very very happy!! :) That is one sweet tasty hot chocolate! :)
Wanna make chocoholics extremely happy? Serve 'em this! WHAT AN OUTSTANDING CHOCOLATE DRINK! Really, really loved the taste of this hot chocolate! Thanks, much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]
This recipe has great potential, but as written it was WAAAAAY too sweet for me! Next time I'll eliminate the honey, and cut the sugar in half, and (maybe) use only unsweetened chocolate! I made it with the vanilla, but gave the option of adding an individual hazelnut coffee creamer too ~ Loved using my immersion blender I got for Christmas! Tagged for PRMR.