Recipe by Bogey'sMom
This is my attempt to duplicate the milkshakes served at the Happy Days Drive In in Fair Haven, VT. Incredibly dense, rich and fattening and even more addictive. Truly incredible. Mine still aren't as awesome as Happy Days.
- 1⁄2 gallon good vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup hershey chocolate syrup (titrate up per your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the ice cream: leave a little over half of it frozen and place the rest in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the ice cream in the bowl in 30 second increments in the microwave.
- Every 30 seconds take the bowl out and stir the ice cream, to facilitate melting.
- Once melted and smooth, set aside.
- Put the Hershey's syrup in the bottom of your blender.
- Next, begin adding the frozen ice cream, scoop at a time, until the mixture is too thick to blend.
- Now begin adding the melted ice cream, alternating this process until the shake is very thick, but drinkable through a straw.
- Add more syrup as necessary to keep the concoction a medium deep chocolate color.
- Serve in glasses with straws and wait for the oohs and aahs.