Recipe by shannonA
This is AMAZING and only for those who like RICH and very SWEET cheesecake. I made this for my dad on Father's Day, and it took a bit of work, but it turned out amazing. I found the recipe at thepartyworks.com.
Top Review by Bean915
Oh my goodness! What an awsome desert. I changed out the snickers for peanut butter cups. I used 15 individual peanut butter cups in place of the 5 snickers bars. This was the hit of our thanksgiving not the turkey! Thanks for posting it.
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 24 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 (3 2/3 ounce) Snickers candy bars (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup nestle' semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces whipping cream
- chopped peanuts, chopped snickers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cover the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Using a food processor, finely crush all the Oreo cookies.
- Add melted butter, water and sugar to the cookie crumbs and continue using processor until the mixture is well blended.
- Turn this cookie mixture out into the spring-form pan and using your fingers, gently work the cookie mixture until the bottom of the pan is covered with about one inch up on the sides.
- Bake for only 6 or 7 minutes, no longer or the crust will be too hard.
- It is okay if the crust rises a little during the baking-- if this occurs, use the flat bottom of a glass to gently press down and set aside to cool.
- Prepare filling: Using a large bowl and an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- When cream cheese is fluffy, add in one egg and mix well.
- Add second egg and mix well.
- Add in sour cream and sugar.
- Remove electric mixture to gently fold in the Nestle' chocolate chips and chopped Snickers candy bars.
- Pour batter onto the crust and spread the mixture out from the middle to all the sides to help it bake evenly.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place spring-form pan in middle and bake at 375F for about 45 minutes, or until top is light brown.
- It's ok if the middle of the cheesecake is sunk in a little.
- Transfer the cheese cake to a rack and cool while still in the spring-form pan.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the cheesecake and refrigerate (still in spring-form pan) for at least four hours or more- overnight is best.
- Prepare glaze: Melt chocolate chips, butter and only 1/3 of the heavy whipping cream in a double boiler over medium heat until just at the melting stage.
- Remove from heat and stir mixture until smooth.
- (You can use a microwave for this part but ensure the bowl is microwave safe).
- While still warm, stir in remaining heavy whipping cream and mix until well blended.
- Using a sharp paring knife, run is around the edges of the spring-form pan to gently separate the cheesecake from the pan sides.
- Release the spring-form and remove from the cheesecake.
- Place cheesecake on serving dish and pour the chocolate glaze into the shallow crater.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts or extra Snickers shavings on top.
- Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.