1/11 Photos of Sinful Snickers Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
This is AMAZING and only for those who like RICH and very SWEET cheesecake. I made this for my dad on Father's Day, and it took a bit of work, but it turned out amazing. I found the recipe at thepartyworks.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 35 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 24 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 (3 2/3 ounce) Snickers candy bars (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup nestle' semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces whipping cream
- chopped peanuts, chopped snickers (optional)
- 1Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cover the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- 3Using a food processor, finely crush all the Oreo cookies.
- 4Add melted butter, water and sugar to the cookie crumbs and continue using processor until the mixture is well blended.
- 5Turn this cookie mixture out into the spring-form pan and using your fingers, gently work the cookie mixture until the bottom of the pan is covered with about one inch up on the sides.
- 6Bake for only 6 or 7 minutes, no longer or the crust will be too hard.
- 7It is okay if the crust rises a little during the baking-- if this occurs, use the flat bottom of a glass to gently press down and set aside to cool.
- 8Prepare filling: Using a large bowl and an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
- 9When cream cheese is fluffy, add in one egg and mix well.
- 10Add second egg and mix well.
- 11Add in sour cream and sugar.
- 12Remove electric mixture to gently fold in the Nestle' chocolate chips and chopped Snickers candy bars.
- 13Pour batter onto the crust and spread the mixture out from the middle to all the sides to help it bake evenly.
- 14Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place spring-form pan in middle and bake at 375F for about 45 minutes, or until top is light brown.
- 15It's ok if the middle of the cheesecake is sunk in a little.
- 16Transfer the cheese cake to a rack and cool while still in the spring-form pan.
- 17Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the cheesecake and refrigerate (still in spring-form pan) for at least four hours or more- overnight is best.
- 18Prepare glaze: Melt chocolate chips, butter and only 1/3 of the heavy whipping cream in a double boiler over medium heat until just at the melting stage.
- 19Remove from heat and stir mixture until smooth.
- 20(You can use a microwave for this part but ensure the bowl is microwave safe).
- 21While still warm, stir in remaining heavy whipping cream and mix until well blended.
- 22Using a sharp paring knife, run is around the edges of the spring-form pan to gently separate the cheesecake from the pan sides.
- 23Release the spring-form and remove from the cheesecake.
- 24Place cheesecake on serving dish and pour the chocolate glaze into the shallow crater.
- 25Sprinkle crushed peanuts or extra Snickers shavings on top.
- 26Refrigerate to allow the glaze to set.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sinful Snickers Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.0
- Calories from Fat 556
- Total Fat 61.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 542.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 78.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g