Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy cake!! Very rich and great for any event. It will not be around for long.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup cream
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake according to directions.
- Grease a 9 by 13 pan and pour in 1/2 batter .
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Melt caramel with milk and margarine.
- Remove cake from oven and pour caramel mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with chips and nuts.
- Dot the top with remaining batter and bake 20 more minutes.
This is an easy to make, yet delicious cake. I will definitely make this again. I liked that this recipe did not call for evaporated milk as I don't like opening a whole can then only using part of the can. The caramel sauce was wonderful - I think that the sauce sets this cake apart from other similar cakes. Remember to let the cake cool for a couple of minutes and then use a knife to cut around the edges of the pan. This is important as the caramel will stick to your pan unless you do this. Thank you for posting this recipe.
This was fantastic! I used a milk chocolate cake mix, milk chocolate chips and peanuts instead of pecans. Everyone at work LOVED it. Thanks for sharing!
WOW is this cake rich! I made this for my chocolate-loving DIL. This cake has the appearance of not looking like it is baked after it comes out of the oven, but it really is baked! I had to bake mine for an extra couple of minutes though. thanks for sharing homegirl!...Kitten:)